Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Reading List

I finally got a chance to read some Toni Morrison...I think I'm a new fan. I really enjoyed her story about the girls who were both put in the orphanage, one because her mom was ill and the other because her mom liked to stay out all night and "dance." One black, the other white, they become the best of friends and then are both taken from the home and go on with their lives only meeting up at various times throughout their adult life. Each encounter is different than the last and it seems they are conflicted about the things they remember happening while they lived at the orphanage. The basic gist of the story is that they were both sad and scared little girls that let some of that fear enter their adult life and which kept them at odds at some points in their lives. I liked it, very true to life for people who have shared fears and hardships.

I will comment on the rest of my reading later but it is 4:30 in the morning and I have not been to bed yet...trying to get caught up...hopefully I can make it out of bed in a few hours to start again. Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment